What is March of the Museums?
March of the Museums is a week-long, free, and family-friendly festival of museums where you can visit various museums, art galleries and historic sites to explore history and heritage through imagination, crafts and play!
This year, March of the Museums will take place from Monday, March 11th to Friday, March 15th. We will be updating the schedule for the week soon, so please come back to this page for more updates. If you have any questions about March of the Museums please reach out to KAM.
Participating Community Partners for 2024!
- Museum of Health Care at Kingston
- Murney Tower National Historic Site (at the Museum of Health Care)
- Agnes Etherington Art Centre
- Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre
- Great Lakes Museum
- Bellevue National Historic Site (at the Great Lakes Museum)
- Fort Henry (at the Great Lakes Museum)
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library (at the Great Lakes Museum)
- Frontenac County Schools Museum
- Brockville Museum (Brockville, ON)
- Smiths Falls Heritage House Museum (Smiths Falls, ON)
- Mississippi Valley Textile Museum (at Smiths Falls Heritage House)
- 1000 Islands History Museum (Gananoque, ON)
- Miller Museum of Geology
- Babcock Mills/Bath Museum (at the Miller Museum)
- Royal Military College of Canada Museum (at the Miller Museum)
- Kingston Scouts Museum (at the Miller Museum)
- City Hall - Market Wing
- Neptune & Salacia Diving with Preserve Our Wrecks!
Add an extra bit of fun to March of the Museums by finding all the Green Ducks!
There are 30 Green Ducks hiding at all participating sites (that includes the sites outside of Kingston)! Visitors can look for ducks from March 11th-15th from open to close, please note that operating hours will vary on the site. When you find a Green Duck feel free to snap a picture and share it with us, Kingston @kingstonmuseums on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and mark the site off on your map!
Check back soon to view the digital version of the map and the full March of the Museums Schedule!